1 (1-pound) package Camellia Brand Red Kidney Beans
1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
1 1/2 cups of ham, cubed
8-10 cups water
1/4 stick of butter
1/4 cup of all purpose flour
2 cups chopped seasoning blend (onions, celery, green bell peppers, parsley flakes)
1 toe garlic, chopped (I used dried garlic from the NOLA school of cooking)
1 bay leaf
Onion powder to taste
Garlic powder to taste
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Cajun seasoning to taste
- Toss dried beans into a pot filled 1/2 way with water (making sure all beans are under the water). Soak for 3 hours. Dump out the water and refill. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer the beans for 2 hours.
- Brown up the sliced sausage and toss in the pot.
- In the skillet you used to brown the sausage, add the butter, garlic, and trinity. Cook till the veggies are soft. Toss in the flour and mix all together.
- Toss veggies in bean pot with a bay leaf, ham cubes, and add seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 hours.
- Serve over cooked white rice.