Remove outside casing and cut small lines around the bologna slices. This will keep your slices from curing up. Brush on some bbq sauce and your favorite rub. Smoke at 250° for 45 mins. Flip and add bbq sauce and rub to the other side. smoke for another 45 mins. Enjoy as is or fry in a pan with butter. For the above photo I used Hinks bbq sauce and a Meat Church rub.
Salt and pepper the ribs, and give them a good sear using olive oil in a hot pan. Then, toss them in a crockpot with beef broth, red wine, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, and rosemary. Heat on low for 8 hours.
Melt a stick of butter.
Add two splashes of 2% milk.
Use a whisk and whip it up till it starts to thicken. Should be a nice spreadable butter.
Rubbed with salt, cover in plastic wrap, and tossed in the fridge over night.
Applied Hardcore Carnivore Black and Salt Lick rub.
Smoked at 230F till the internal temperature hit 165F.
Wrapped in double layer of pink butcher paper and put back on the smoker till it hit about 205F.
1 (1-pound) package Camellia Brand Red Kidney Beans
1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
1 1/2 cups of ham, cubed
8-10 cups water
1/4 stick of butter
1/4 cup of all purpose flour
2 cups chopped seasoning blend (onions, celery, green bell peppers, parsley flakes)
1 toe garlic, chopped (I used dried garlic from the NOLA school of cooking)
1 bay leaf
Onion powder to taste
Garlic powder to taste
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Cajun seasoning to taste
- Toss dried beans into a pot filled 1/2 way with water (making sure all beans are under the water). Soak for 3 hours. Dump out the water and refill. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer the beans for 2 hours.
- Brown up the sliced sausage and toss in the pot.
- In the skillet you used to brown the sausage, add the butter, garlic, and trinity. Cook till the veggies are soft. Toss in the flour and mix all together.
- Toss veggies in bean pot with a bay leaf, ham cubes, and add seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 hours.
- Serve over cooked white rice.
1 pound ground pork
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coriander
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the pork, I used trimmings from spare ribs I had trimmed up. Used a kitchen-aid grinder attachment with medium size holes. Formed the shape and tossed in freezer for 15 mins prior to vacuum sealing.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup diced bell peppers (I used red, yellow, orange, and green peppers)
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 15oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1 can Rotel (chili fixin’s)
- 28 oz can water
- 2 cans chili beans in sauce
- 1 package chili seasoning mix
- SPG to taste
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon hatch chili powder
- 1 tablespoon SPG
- Salt Lick and Carnivore Black rub
- In a large Dutch oven on the stovetop, heat over medium heat until hot. Add onions and peppers and cook until soft.
- Add in all the tomatoes, the beans, water, and the chili seasoning mix and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, mix together the meat ingredients, holding off on the rub, form into a large loaf, sprinkle all sides with the salt lick and black carnivore rubs and place the whole thing on a rack above the chili.
- Place onto your preheated pellet grill at 275 degrees. Cook for 45-60 minutes stirring the chili periodically.
- Turn the grill up to 350 and continue cooking until the meat is 150 degrees.
- Chop up the meat and toss into the chili mix.
- Stir and serve hot.
Smoke for 1.5 hours at 250. For the above photo I used a Jamaican spice rub. Then place in pan with an inch of low sodium chicken stock, cover, and crank the temp to 300 for 2 hours. You should be able to pull the chicken just by squeezing it.
Sam’s Club pork loin. $16.16 – cut into 8 pork chops and 2 roasts. 4 meals = $4.04 per meal. Also used the side of the blade to measure the perfect chop size. With meat prices going up a little bit of work helps to reduce meal cost.
Schnuck’s pasta sauce (big can), Diced tomatoes (small can), 1 lbs ground beef (didn’t brown – just tossed in), Famous Dave’s burger seasoning, Onion powder , Dried garlic, Banana peppers (seeds out), Red pepper flakes
Heat to over 160°
Simmer 30 mins